You might be oblivion to the fact that childhood obesity has doubled beyond expectation in the last three decades. As per statistics, more than 1/3rd of the children were found either to be obese and or overweight. To help you understand better, being overweight means having more than the required body weight from either water, fat, bone, muscle, or a mix of all these reasons for a specific height.
To aid your child with the upkeep of perfect weight and to not get surprised by the result given by the weight calculator for kids, you need to find out ways in balancing the food and beverage-oriented calories that they partake in with calories that are exhausted through normal growth and physical tasks.
Remember Your Goal As a Parent To Maintain Healthy Weight Among Children
The goal as a parent of an overweight kid must always be about focusing on the weight gain rate while letting in normal development and growth. Do not ever try considering putting children on a diet that aims at reducing their weight sans the prescription of a pediatrician.
Few Tips to Encourage Your Children To Maintain a Healthy Weight
Instill Healthy Food Habits
- Offer plentiful whole-grain food items, fruits, and vegetables.
- Introduce low-fat healthy tiffin recipes for kids and or dairy food items. Select beans for protein, lentils, fish, poultry.
- Always prefer serving reasonably-sized portions to your kids.
- Motivate your kids to drink sufficient water.
- Limit their use of aerated beverages.
- Restrict their intake of sugar followed by saturated fat.
Restrict Their Urge of Calorie-Rich Foods
As a parent, you can reduce the availability of high-sugary and high-fat food items to encourage your kids to grow a healthy food habit. Make sure to let your kids eat these high-fat foods only on rare occasions, so they can serve up their treats and rewards. Here are few easy-to-make low-fat sugary snacks that contain calories lesser than 100.
- A cup of bell peppers, broccoli, and carrots along with two spoonfuls of hummus.
- A medium-sized banana and or apple.
- A cup of grapes/blueberries.
- Lettuce leaf-wrapped a cup of tuna.
- A few handmade kale chips that are baked in the oven.
Motivate Your Children to Stay Active
Besides being thrilling, the regular physical activities comprise of several health benefits that include:
- Bone strengthening
- Reducing the blood pressure
- Bringing down the levels of anxiety and stress
- Peaking self-esteem
- Assisting with management with weight
The kids between the age group of 3 to 5 must be active throughout the day. However, the kid between the age group of 6-17 years must be active physically for about an hour/day. Try introducing aerobic or any other activity that can help with better results on a weight calculator for kids.
Ensure Your Kids are Having Ample Sleep
Lesser amounts of sleep are linked with obesity, mainly because insufficient sleep can lead us to indulge in unnecessary food and be lesser active physically. The kids as you might be aware must sleep more than adults, and the amount differs by age.
With regards to food quantity, it is always wise to consult with a doctor. And for the types of healthy tiffin recipes for kids, you can always browse through the multiple kid-friendly food vlogs across the internet to come up with an ideal dish that your child would thoroughly enjoy.